Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 62

"I was ecstatic they re-named "French Fries" as "Freedom Fries. Grown men and women, in positions of power in the US Government, showing themselves as idiots" ~Johnny Depp

Rob and I headed to "Five Guy's Burgers and Fries" for lunch. A SMALL fry is almost too big for the TWO of us to share. They fill a cup with fries, and then, drop at least the same amount into the bag of food. The burgers are divine as well. It's probably more fat and calories than I need to eat for a week...but it was SO good. As long as we don't do it every day...everything in moderation, and all that jazz.

4 comments:

  1. C-H-I-P-S!-well, FRIES to you guys!

    I'll not mention this to J who generally wants chips if he sees, smells or hears them mentioned! I don't really like them, they give me dire indigestion. I prefer potato chips in bags like kettle chips-or a big fat hot baked potato with the works!-yum, and it's 6am here and I have a smoothie in front of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like kettle chips too, and I love a baked potato...but every once in a while, I get a craving for a good french fry. These are hand-cut with the skin still on too...so they are really yummy. (they are not a very allergy friendly restaurant, though...peanuts for free to eat, and the fries are fried in peanut oil.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, every time people talk about french fries and me being French I laugh. The reason? People make the assumption that French people eat a lot of fries, but people in Belgium actually eat more fries than the French. Go figure.
    However, I do know how to cook fries as my mom taught me, like her mom taught her(without using a special machine). Homemade fries taste really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why they are even called French fries...I typically just refer to them as fries.

    ReplyDelete