Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 46


"I taste Grampy's Famous Mac" ~Dominic

I made "Grampy's Famous Mac" for supper tonight. My father developed a microwave recipe for mac and cheese, and my girls LOVE it. Even my friend's super picky son really enjoys it. In fact, he was the one who requested it. (the quote is from a "5 senses project he did in school last year) It's so unbelievably easy to make...you need equal parts of milk and cheese (whatever kind of cheese you want) and 3 rounded tbs of flour for each cup of milk. Equal parts of flour and butter. (so I use 2 cups of milk, 2 cups of cheese, 6 tbs of flour and 6 tbs of butter for 1 lb of pasta) Whisk the flour into the cold milk, then add the butter and cheese. Put it into the microwave for 10 minutes, watching it, and stirring occasionally. If I'm making it just for the girls, I also add either broccoli or broccoli/cauliflower mix to it as well.

(Kerri, this is the mac and cheese I'm making for you when you come live on my couch)

3 comments:

  1. in the interest of full disclosure, it's a cheater pic...I brought the camera to take the picture...but it had no batteries...so I took a pic with my phone...but I have no way of getting the pictures off my phone (I was even going to pay for an email...but it didn't work) so I trolled the interwebs for a pic that sorta kinda looks like what I made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WANT.
    That is all :-).

    (Also, yay for living on your couch!)

    ReplyDelete