Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 51



"I have set My Rainbow in the clouds,
and it will be the sign of the
covenant between Me and earth." - Genesis 9:13



We had a little storm come through this evening. Well before the rain ended, the sky was back to a beautiful blue. Abby was convinced we would see a rainbow. Turns out she was right. I immediately pulled over to the side of the road, and put on my hazard lights, so the girls could get a good look. THEN, I drove to a safer place to pull over, so I could get out and take pictures. I didn't want the girls to miss it while I was looking for a parking space. I was reminded of the first time Abby saw a rainbow, she wasn't yet 3. After we stopped to look at the rainbow, she said to me, "Momma, can we say a prayer to say thank you to God for such a beautiful rainbow." Now, whenever we see a rainbow in the sky, we always say a little prayer of thanks to God for such a thing of beauty.




1 comment:

  1. I love this--all of it. It makes me want to come experience your house and your amazing kids even more. :)

    ReplyDelete