Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day twelve

"Pikachu...I choose YOU!"

These are the balloons that nearly killed me this morning. I have a latex allergy. I KNOW I have a latex allergy. I've NEVER, in nearly 19 years of knowing I have a latex allergy had a respiratory reaction to latex. I offered to pick the balloons up for my friend's son's birthday party. I was very careful not to TOUCH the latex balloons. I did not, however, realize that the latex "fumes" in my closed car (it was raining) was going to cause my lungs to totally seize up. By the time I got to my friends house, I could barely talk. I was afraid she was going to have to call 911. A couple of hits of the inhaler, and I was ok...but my lungs still hurt, and it's been all day. I don't think I've ever been so scared. I guess I need to talk to my doctor about this one.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that balloon--pikachu is still my favourite pokemon==but I don't like what they did to you. Glad everything was okay <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the pikachu balloon have latex, or is it just the "normal" style balloons that do? I didn't know people could react with the respiratory tract to latex, but I'm glad y our'e ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the shiny one is mylar, which is fine...just the normal ones are latex.

    ReplyDelete